Tater Tot Crust Quiche
Tots make everything better!
We’re big breakfast fans around here and one of our favorite morning indulgences is a good slice of quiche. Fluffy eggs and cheese baked into a buttery crust– what’s not to like? We’ve made quite a few variations over the years, but one we hadn’t tried until recently was a Tater Tot Crust Quiche. And can we say… it was marvelous! The tots make for an effortlessly crispy base of potatoes which is then topped with a classic quiche filling. Perfection.
To start things off, you’ll line your pie dish with the frozen tots and let them crisp in the oven for 15 minutes. Using a fork, mash the cooked tots into a crust, making sure to push them up the sides of the pie dish as well.
For the filling, we’ve gone with a simple ham and spinach combo. A few green onions are thrown in for extra flavor and mozzarella cheese is mixed in to ensure this quiche comes out super creamy. Simply beat the filling ingredients together and they’re ready to be poured into the tater tot crust.
The quiche is then baked for about 40 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the center no longer jiggles and the top is just starting to brown. This dish is perfect for a holiday brunch or just meal prep for the week ahead, you can’t go wrong with an option this tasty. Kids and adults alike are bound to delight in this meal. Who could resist a tater tot crust!
Tater Tot Crust Quiche
15m prep time
55m cook time
- 2 ½ cups frozen tater tots
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup cooked ham, diced
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 greens onions, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a pie dish with the frozen tater tots. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove dish from the oven and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F. Using a fork, flatten tots to form a crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper. Fold in the diced ham, 1 cup of the cheese, green onions, and spinach.
- Transfer mixture to the pie dish and top with the remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set through the center.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Figjar.com