When it comes to snacks, it’s so easy to just reach for a piece of fruit or something out of a package, but sometimes it’s nice to create something that feels a little more special. That’s exactly what this yogurt bark is – an easy snack to prepare, but one that feels special thanks to its melt-in-your-mouth sweetness and adornments of chocolate and fresh strawberries. (Bonus points – it’s good for you too!)
The bark itself is a mixture of Greek yogurt, honey, vanilla, and a tiny bit of salt which helps to bring out the sweetness. You spread the mixture out on a parchment-lined baking sheet…
… and sprinkle it with some sliced strawberries and chocolate chips.
For it to set up, you’ll need to chill it in the freezer for a few hours, but all that’s left to do after that is to break it into pieces and get to snacking!
It’s about five minutes of effort for such a sweet little snack. I love to make a bunch of this at the beginning of the week so I can pull out a piece whenever I feel like it… that is, if the kids don’t get to it first.
Chocolate Strawberry Greek Yogurt Bark
Serves 32 Prep 10m Cook 3h
- 3 cups whole plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, honey, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Spread onto prepared baking sheet in a rectangle about 10x15 inches.
- Arrange strawberries and chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours. Break into pieces and serve. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Eating Well.