There’s just something so satisfying about fried chicken. Sure, it may not be the best for your waistline, but every once in awhile when we feel like having an indulgent dinner, this recipe sure hits the spot! With juicy chicken and crispy corn flakes all fried up in butter and smothered in our homemade chicken gravy – this is a meal everyone in the family will love!
While this classic recipe calls for the chicken to be fried up in a pan with butter, you could opt for a healthier version by skipping the flour and placing the chicken in the oven at 400 for 30 minutes. Either way, this is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Serve with a veggie and some mashed potatoes, coat everything in our creamy chicken gravy, and enjoy!
Fried Corn Flake Chicken
Serves 4-6; 30 min
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups corn flakes, lightly crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- For gravy: 3 tablespoons butter, 5 tablespoons flour, 2 cups chicken broth, salt and pepper to taste
- Tenderize chicken by placing each piece between a layer of saran wrap and lightly pounding until chicken is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Prepare the breading by putting the four, eggs, and cornflakes into separate bowls. Add paprika, salt, and pepper to the flour and mix. Dip the chicken first into flour, then into egg, and finally into corn flakes.
- In a large pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, and add 1/3 of the prepared chicken. Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes each side. Remove crumbs from pan and repeat.
- For the gravy: melt butter in a medium saucepan. And flour and stir. Slowly add broth, salt, and pepper, stirring until mixture thickens.
- Serve up hot!