What is it about Snickers that are so dang good? It’s hard to decide between the crunchy peanuts, gooey caramel, soft chocolate, and fluffy nougat. Now, imagine all of that yumminess incorporated into a rice crispy treat. Yeah. That’s a game-changer right there. The best part is, this recipe is incredibly easy! If you’re looking for a simple yet decadent dessert that is sure to impress friends and family, then keep reading to get the recipe!
Start by preparing rice crispy treats as you normally would. Melt butter in a pan and stir in marshmallows, then pour the mixture over rice crispy cereal and fold until everything is incorporated. Once you press the mixture into a 9×13 dish, sprinkle some salted peanuts on top. The fun part comes in while the rice crispy treats are cooling and setting up.
This recipe is basically just layering on different elements of a Snickers bar. We stared with the peanuts, now it’s time for the caramel! Melt down the chewy caramel candies along with some heavy cream to make everything rich and smooth. Pour the caramel over the rice crispy bars and let it set up while preparing the final layer.
To top everything off, melt some chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth. Be careful not to over-microwave, as the chocolate will turn out clumpy and burnt. Once the chocolate chips are melted, just pour on top! You can sprinkle some seasalt on top if you want an added pop of flavor.
Don’t these look incredible? They taste even better! Check out the full ingredient list and directions below.
Snickers Rice Crispy Treats
Two beloved treats all rolled into one!
Makes 18 rice crispy treats; 15 minutes to prepare, 5 minutes cook time
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 1/2 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 16 oz (1 1/2 11oz bags caramels, unwrapped)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Stir in marshmallows until they are completely melted.
- Pour in the cereal and stir together until completely coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and pat down so it’s in an even layer.
- Sprinkle peanuts evenly over the top.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine caramels and heavy cream over medium heat and stir until smooth. Pour caramel over the peanut layer in an even coat.
- Pour caramel over the peanut layer in an even coat.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between. When melted, pour over the caramel layer and spread evenly.
- Once the chocolate is dry, slice ‘em up and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from lmld.org.