All the snickerdoodle flavor we love, plus cake and pudding! What’s not to love?!
It’s no secret that we love desserts around here. Cakes, cookies, pies, fudge… the list goes on and on. That’s why I’m so excited to be sharing this Snickerdoodle Poke Cake recipe! It combines cookies and cake – what’s not to love about that? There are all of the delicious flavors of cinnamon sweetness you’d expect to find in a snickerdoodle cookie, but with the added fluffy texture of cake, along with a delicious filling of vanilla pudding. Truly this is a dessert that will impress friends and family alike.
The first step is to make the cake. This process is made easy by using a box cake mix. Aside from a few added ingredients to improve the taste and texture, you can pretty much follow the directions on the box. After baking for 30 minutes, let the cake cool slightly – around 15 minutes, and then prepare the filling.
All you need to do for the filling is whisk together a package of instant vanilla pudding mix and 2 cups of cold milk until the mixture thickens up a bit. Then, using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the cake and pour the filling right on top! The cake will soak up the pudding, leaving a delicious surprise for those who don’t know about it.
This is the perfect dessert to bring to a pot luck or get together. It makes quite a few servings, and since the cake itself is pretty rich and dense, you only need a small slice to get that sugary-sweet satisfaction. Of course, there are no judgments if you have a large piece of cake. Or three. Who’s to say you can’t have your cake and eat it too? Certainly not us. Get the full recipe below!
Snickerdoodle Poke Cake
Serves 12; 35 minutes active, 2 hours inactive
- For the Cake:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- For the Filling:
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 9x13 pan.
- For the cake, whisk together all of the cake ingredients in a large bowl and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the filling. Mix together pudding packet and milk in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon (or another similarly sized object), poke holes in the cake and pour the filling over the entire cake.
- Cover and chill for around 2 hours, or until the pudding is set.
- To prepare the frosting, combine all of the frosting ingredients using an electric mixer. Mix the frosting until it is light and fluffy.
- Frost the cake and store in the fridge until ready to serve.