When it comes to spring and summertime desserts, we’re huge fans of using seasonal fruit (when possible) and turning it into a delicious pie, crisp or cobbler. However, the season for such desserts is usually that of warmer (read: HOT) temperature, so using the oven to create such yummy confections isn’t actually that ideal…so we decided to ignore the oven all together when it came to coming up with a new cobbler recipe.
Peach desserts are definitely some of our favorites, so we decided to use them as a base for this recipe. We give you: slow cooker peach cobbler. This dish has only five essential ingredients and is absolutely delectable. Prep your peaches – using fresh when possible, but frozen or canned are just as yummy! – plop ‘em in the slow cooker, then cover them up with a box of yellow cake mix and some butter. The juices thicken and caramelize into perfection, and you’re left with a golden brown topping that is INSANELY good. It’s easy and wonderful and what are you waiting for?! Try it out and see how great it is for yourself!
Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler
10 minutes active; 3 hours inactive
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box yellow cake mix
- 4 cups peaches, sliced (fresh, canned, or frozen and thawed)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, sliced into pats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- Place peaches in a large bowl and toss with brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and nutmeg, if using, until coated.
- Pour peaches into slow cooker and spread into an even layer.
- Shake dry cake mix evenly over peaches, then top with thinly sliced butter pats.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until cake is golden brown.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Six Sisters' Stuff