Have you been scared of making ribs? Do they sound like a complicated and time-consuming meal? We hope this incredibly easy slow cooker method will change your mind! With just a few ingredients you probably already have on hand, you can turn any hunk of meat into a sweet and tangy meal bursting with flavor!
This recipe is as easy as 1-2-3: Dry rub, bbq sauce, slow cooker. If you want to go the extra mile, you can broil the ribs for a few minutes before serving to caramelize the bbq sauce. Friends and family will think you spent hours on this finger-licking good dish, but really the slow cooker does all the work! Don’t be afraid of ribs, try this recipe!
Simple Slow Cooker Ribs
Serves 6-8; 5 mins, 6 hours
- 5 lbs baby back ribs
- 2-3 cups of your favorite bbq sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- Mix brown sugar, salt, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl. Rub the seasoning on the ribs, and place in the slow cooker with the meaty part of the ribs facing the walls of the slow cooker.
- Add 2-3 cups of your favorite bbq sauce, making sure to cover all sides of the meat.
- Set slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours.
- Optional: Broil ribs in the oven for 5 minutes before serving to caramelize the sauce
- Serve up hot, enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Listotic.