Shrimp should be a linchpin in everyone’s go-to dinner rotation – it cooks up so fast and also happens to be a healthy and delicious option. Not to mention, it’s rather versatile; there are tons of different ways to prepare it and none of them take much time. But this preparation makes things extra easy. With our Shrimp and Broccoli Foil Packets, you get an entire meal out of one little package in just twenty minutes. And it’s full of lemony, garlicky, buttery flavor.
It’s really hard to imagine a dinner that’s easier to make. All you’re doing here is laying out some ingredients on a piece of foil, seasoning them, and wrapping it all up before you pop it in the oven. (But, good news, this works great on the grill as well.)
We’re using a half pound of shrimp in each packet here, and you’ll want to peel and de-vein them before you close up the packet. They get tossed in a seasoning mixture of Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, pepper, and paprika before they’re placed next to some broccoli and everything is dotted with butter and garlic and drizzled with broth, olive oil, and lemon juice.
Aside from folding up the packet and placing it in the oven, that’s all the work you have to do and in fifteen minutes you have succulent shrimp and tender broccoli infused with delicious garlic-butter flavor. You have just enough time to cook up some rice or pasta to act as a base, but for an easy and delicious low carb meal, this packet is really all you need.
Shrimp and Broccoli Foil Packets
5m prep time
15m cook time
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 tablespoons butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut 2 sheets of aluminum foil, about 12x14-inches each. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Add shrimp to a shallow plate and season with spice mix, coating the shrimp on all sides.
- Place half of the shrimp on each sheet of foil in the center. Arrange broccoli to the side of shrimp.
- Sprinkle garlic over the top of the shrimp and broccoli, drizzle with lemon juice, stock, and dot with butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold foil over each packet and crimp edges to seal. Place on a baking sheet and bake until shrimp is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley and lemon slices, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Eat Well 101.