I have never been one to shy away from pizza for breakfast, but usually that just means extracting a cold slice from the leftover box in the fridge. No matter how you slice it (pun intended), pizza for breakfast is good. Real good. But how good would it be if you made a pizza specifically for the morning meal, with all of your favorite breakfast goodies as toppings? (Spoiler alert – it’s great.)
This breakfast pizza uses a sheet pan preparation, so there’s more than enough to go around and pre-made pizza dough so it isn’t any trouble to make. (Which is always nice in those early morning hours.) You just spread the pizza dough out onto a sheet pan, and bake it on its own for a few minutes to give it a little head start.
While it bakes, you whip up some scrambled eggs and crispy bacon, though any of your favorite breakfast foods could work well here. Breakfast sausage, anyone?
There’s no sauce here – it doesn’t need it. You just spread out the scrambled eggs, bacon and some cheese onto the crust and pop it back into the oven just long enough for the cheese to melt. Maybe it’s not quite as easy as pulling a leftover slice from the box, but it’s close. And you get pizza that’s made for breakfast – that beats pancakes any day!
Sheet Pan Breakfast Pizza
Serves 8 20 minutes
- 1 (13.8 oz) tube refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a 10x15-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Press pizza dough into bottom of pan, stretching out dough a bit and prick evenly with a fork. Bake until lightly golden, 7-8 minutes.
- While crust bakes, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and cook until softly scrambled.
- Spoon eggs over cooked crust, then top with bacon and cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese has melted, 5-8 minutes.