We love this retro dish! It’s a forever classic in our home.
Crunchy green bean casserole is one of those classic holiday dishes but certainly doesn’t require a special occasion to make an appearance at our table. It makes for a beautiful side dish at any meal, and since it’s so easy to make a crunchy green bean casserole is perfect for any weeknight. Many of the ingredients we already have in our pantry or refrigerator, so we can whip this up with little to no effort at all. When it appears on the table, a flood of memories always come back from meals-gone-by, and we can share a few laughs and nostalgia while we enjoy this throwback side dish.
One thing we love about this dish, beyond all of the fond memories, is the combination of creamy and crunchy that comes from the cream of mushroom soup and of course, the fried onions. And we think this counts as eating our vegetables since the presence of green beans must surely count for something! The crunchy fried onion topping is perhaps the most irresistible part of our casserole. Fried onions are delicious on their own but get an extra toastiness baking in the oven, everyone tries to pick off a piece or two once this comes out of the oven!
The fact that this is really just a kind of “dumping” of different ingredients into a bowl and baking it off makes this the perfect dish for rookies and cooking pros. Both the newbie cook and the veteran will enjoy the ease of preparation along with the knowledge that what comes out of the oven is going to be wildly well received. Creamy and crunchy green bean casserole is a surprisingly delicious dish that will have everyone asking for the recipe, and you can decide whether or not to reveal just how easy this is to make!
Creamy and Crunch Green Bean Casserole
- 2 (10 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 packet dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 (28 oz) cans French-style green beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 (6 oz) package fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine soup, buttermilk, ranch dressing mix, drained green beans, cheddar cheese, and cooked bacon. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with fried onions.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm.