These Halloween party treats are frighteningly simple to make and scarily good to eat.
‘Tis the season of Halloween, and if you’re hosting a Halloween party, or just wondering what to do with all of the leftover candy from a successful night of trick-or-treating, we’ve got a fun idea. Candy bar croissants are a great way to serve up Halloween candy in an unconventional “wrapper.” We’ve taken mini chocolate candy bars and wrapped them in refrigerated crescent dough and then baked them in the oven. They come out buttery, crumbly and filled with gooey chocolate. We’re definitely not scared about that!
What’s fun about this is that we’re reminded of that classic French pastry, pan au chocolat. Our version takes a grocery store ingredient and wrapped around Halloween chocolate candy. To give it a little elegance, we melt some chocolate chips in the microwave and casually drizzle it over top of the cooled pastry. A dusting of powdered sugar adds just a little extra sweetness and a touch of fancy to a very simple treat. We think these are such a fun way to put a creative twist on classic Halloween candy.
A platter filled with candy bar croissants is likely to act like a ghost and disappear on any Halloween table. Kids and adults can enjoy these fun little pastry treats and get into a little bit of the Halloween spirit. Crescent dough is such a versatile product, one that can become sweet or savory with the right combination of ingredients. These are the perfect little treats to serve for a classroom Halloween party or for when you’re just trying to get rid of some extra candy – without just throwing it away because that would be wasteful!
Candy Bar Croissants
Serves 8-10; 20 minutes
- 2 (8 oz) packages refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Mixed mini chocolate candy bars
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough on a lightly floured surface. Place mini candy on dough 1-inch from bottom. Roll dough over candy bar until completely wrapped into a crescent shape.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Drizzle with melted chocolate and dust with powdered sugar to serve.