Enhancing a boxed cake mix is easiest way to fool the any foodie that you’re a pastry master! With a couple extra steps you’ll have transformed a plain brownie into a triple-layered treat for everyone to marvel at!
Chocolate, chocolate and even more chocolate! A fudgy cake bottom, a chocolatey cheesecake middle and a rich chocolate ganache on top will prove to anyone that box cake mixes can be transformed into a one-of-a-kind dessert!
Brownie Cheesecake Bars
Serves 12-16; 50 minutes active; 4+ hours inactive
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325º F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Make brownie batter as directed on box for cake-like brownies. Measure out 1/2 cup batter, then set aside, covered, and refrigerate for later use.
- Pour remaining batter in bottom of greased baking dish. Place in oven and bake 22-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth, then mix in sugar, reserved cake batter, 2 tablespoons heavy cream and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, waiting until each is incorporated before adding the next, then pour filling over cooled brownie crust.
- Return baking dish to oven and cook for another 26-28 minutes, or until center of filling is just set. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir and then microwave for another 30 seconds, or until smooth and melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over cooled filling and refrigerate until set. 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, slice into bars and enjoy!