Before we get ahead of ourselves, we know this is a meal that goes beyond indulgent and is most definitely a splurge meal, but one that is downright delicious and irresistible. Our cheesy beef jerky pasta bake is a casserole classic, a mishmash of ingredients that sound a bit wacky but come together to make something wonderful. Yes, it’s salty, but in an unapologetic way that makes you want to dive right into this creamy, crunchy, chewy noodle casserole delight.
Three classic snack ingredients are needed to make this casserole a masterpiece: beef jerky, potato chips, and easy-melt cheese. We’re all familiar with potato chips on the top of a casserole, but beef jerky is a bit more unusual. It’s definitely salty and the addition of jerky to this creamy dish is another layer of texture that makes each bite super amazing. We love the hearty beef flavor and of course that oh-so-familiar beef jerky texture. This is definitely one of those “don’t knock it till you try it” type dishes that is unexpectedly good.
We can’t think of a better way to shake up our casserole routine than with this snack-based version of a classic dinner dish. Sure, it’s salty but the creamy cheese and egg noodles act as a balance to all of the salt flavor. Cheesy beef jerky pasta bake is an unexpectedly delicious casserole that everyone is going to enjoy. We can’t think of a better way to indulge in a salty snack than by sinking our forks into this cheesy beef jerky and potato chip pasta bake.
Beef Jerky Pasta Bake
Serves 6-8; 50 minutes
- 1 (16 oz) package wide egg noodles
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz easy-melt cheese, chopped
- 1 (10 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup beef jerky, chopped
- 1 cup potato chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized pan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Slowly stir in milk and bring mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently. Add easy-melt cheese and stir until smooth and creamy. Add soup and stir to combine. Stir in beef jerky.
- Pour sauce evenly over egg noodles. Top with crushed chips and bake for 30 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and top is golden brown.