SKM: below-content placeholder
Serves 12; 1 hour
- 1 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
- 7 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with your dough, flute edges as desired, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, sugar, and vanilla. Gently stir in the graham cracker crumbs, coconut, pecans, and salt.
- Pour filling into pie shell and spread out evenly. Bake until a crust forms on the top, 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool on wire rack 2 hours before serving. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Pie Academy.