Are you looking for a new and unique way to spice up the old family chili recipe? We’ve got just the dish to get you out of your boring chili rut! This slow cooker Santa Fe soup has all of the staples of chili that we love – ground beef, onion, black beans, and tomatoes – but with a few added twists! The seasonings in this soup are really what make it a memorable meal. This recipe makes a hearty 10 servings and like most chili recipes, it tastes just as good, if not better, the day after! We even like to get creative with the leftovers and use the chili as stuffing for enchiladas or burritos the next day. Of course, having a second helping of soup is always a good idea too.
And just what is our secret spice blend? One package of taco seasoning, and one package of ranch dressing mix! That’s right, it’s as easy (and cheap) as that. For those of you on the adventurous side, feel free to add green chilies and a dash of red pepper flakes. This Santa Fe soup really packs a punch of flavor, and it’s so easy to throw together and let the slow cooker to the work. Win-win! To make this meal complete, serve with these jalapeño cornbread muffins.
Santa Fe Soup
Serves 10-12; 3 hours
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can black beans, undrained
- 1 can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- Cheese (for garnishing)
- Lime (for garnishing)
- In a large skillet, add ground beef, onion, green pepper, garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin. Cook for 7-10 minutes, or until beef is browned and onion and green peppers are tender.
- Pour beef mixture into the slow cooker and stir in beans, green chilies, corn, tomatoes, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Serve up hot with fresh squeezed lime juice and cheese sprinkled on top!