This Refrigerator Cucumber Salad was the Grand Prize winner of our “Sure Thing” Potluck Recipe Contest. It was submitted by Barbie Seidl, who says, “This was a recipe my Dad would always make. He has passed but I always think of him and so honored when someone asks for the recipe.”
Being such a delicious, cool, and crunchy dish, she must get a ton of requests for the recipe, but luckily now she’s shared it with us! To make it, you simply combine thinly sliced cucumbers and onions and mix them with sugar, vinegar, and some salt. Barbie suggests letting the salad rest in the fridge for at least a day for best flavor but once it’s chilled, it’s ready to eat.
Thanks to Barbie for sharing her “Sure Thing” potluck dish with us!
Refrigerator Cucumber Salad by Barbie Seidl
- 6 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons or less salt
- Put cucumbers and onions in a large bowl.
- Mix together sugar, vinegar, and salt. Pour mix over cucumbers/onions and mix.
- Best to make the day before. Store in refrigerator.