Dip isn’t just for chips, you know. This dip is full of pumpkin spice and everything nice and while you could dip a chip in it, you might be better off with a graham cracker, gingersnap, sliced apple… or even a marshmallow! It’s creamy and just sweet enough and with plenty of pumpkin magic, it’s a delicious representative of the dessert dip faction.
This only takes five ingredients and about five minutes of your time, which makes it even harder to resist. It’s just a matter of stirring together some pumpkin puree (not pie filling!), some vanilla pudding mix, whipped topping, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice. After you stir them together, all you have to do is set the bowl in the fridge to chill for a while, because this dip is much more delicious when it’s cool and creamy than when it’s at room temp.
The texture is velvety yet fluffy, which makes it the perfect partner to anything crunchy. Simple cookies are a delightful thing to use for dipping here, but there are so many things that work – nilla wafers, pears, slices of pound cake, pretzels… The sky is really the limit.
This stuff is so yummy – fluffy and creamy with a sweet, but not overpowering, pumpkin spice. And I love how easy it is to make! Easy enough that you could totally make it just to fulfill an everyday pumpkin craving, but equally great as a make ahead option for a fall party or Thanksgiving starter.
Pumpkin Fluff Dip
5 minutes active, 1 hour inactive
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 (3.4 oz) box vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz) tub whipped topping, thawed
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the pumpkin puree, pudding mix, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the whipped topping until there are no white streaks. Transfer to serving bowl, cover and chill, 1-2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Half Scratched.