When pizza is on the menu there’s no trouble in getting everyone to the table. But, if you ever want to switch things up or simply use what’s already in the freezer then this puff pastry pizza is a perfect way to do just that. The buttery, flaky layers might not seem suitable for pizza toppings, but the rich pastry actually holds up very well to them. And, the flavor it adds to this family favorite is unmatched.
To start this recipe you’ll need 1 sheet of puff pastry dough that’s been thawed. Then after that the toppings in this recipe are a suggestion since you can make which ever types of pizza you prefer. After all, that is the beauty of pizza!
However, I do recommend using freshly sliced mozzarella for this pizza if you can since it adds such an authentic Italian flavor to the recipe.
There’s no pre-baking the crust here and the whole thing bakes up very quickly, unlike other pizza recipes where you blind bake the dough before the first toppings even go on.
Cut this rectangular pie into squares and enjoy a really quick, easy, and delicious way to have your pizza.
Puff Pastry Pizza
Makes 6-9 slices
15m prep time
15m cook time
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil leaves
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 415˚F. Roll out dough to 9”x13” and place on a lined baking sheet of the same size or bigger. Spread pizza sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2” border along the edges.
- Place cheese on top, then add toppings. Add chili flakes as the last step before baking. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and dough is golden brown. Cut into 6 or 9 slices and serve piping hot.
Recipe adapted from Chenée Today .