So this dish isn’t exactly health food, since we’ve packed it full of cheese and other yummy deliciousness, but we made sure to also pack in the protein and veg, in the form of chicken, zucchini, onion and tomatoes. Now if, for some reason, you don’t absolutely love hot and bubbly casseroles that warm you up from the inside, this casserole might not be for you. If you do love said hot and bubbly casseroles, then check this one out and dig in…we can’t get enough!
Chicken Zucchini Casserole
Serves 6-8; 1 hour
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 4 cups zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup white onion, chipped
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a large baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and saute onion and zucchini until tender. 6-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, zucchini and onion, and mix in crushed tomatoes, sour cream and chicken soup.
- Fold in cheddar cheese and season with garlic powder, chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything together and transfer mixture to casserole dish. Place in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
Recipe adapted from Taste Of Home