We are big pistachio fans around here. From a classic gelato, to breads and cakes, there’s no wrong place for its sweet and nutty flavor. One dessert we’d never tried with pistachio was pie, and as soon as we realized that fact we had to rectify the situation as soon as possible! We ended up with a creamy pistachio pudding based filling in a classic graham cracker crust. The simplicity of it is not to be underestimated… the results were truly mouthwatering.
When we say simple, we mean it. No oven, no stove top– all you have to do is mix up the filling in one bowl and transfer it to a premade crust. You’re welcome to go the homemade route for the crust if that’s more your style, but we personally love the ease of picking one up. The filling consists of two boxes of instant pistachio pudding mix, cold milk, cool whip, cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and a splash of almond extract. Whisk it all together, pour the filling in the pie crust, and pop it in the fridge to chill for about 3-4 hours, or until set. Easy as that!
This pie recipe is a must-try for any pistachio lover. The chilled filling reminds me of gelato in the best way! With its rich and creamy filling and buttery crust, this sweet treat is sure to be a hit on any occasion. Top each slice with a generous dollop of whipped cream and everyone is sure to request a second serving. Give this recipe a try the next time you need a sweet treat and you might just have a new favorite on your hands!
10m prep time
- 1 (9 oz) ready-made graham cracker crust
- 2 (3.4 oz) boxes instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold milk
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 oz) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Whipped cream for serving
- In a large bowl, add both pudding mixes, sweetened condensed milk, milk, cream cheese, and almond extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped topping then transfer filling to the graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate pie for 3-4 hours or until set.
- Serve chilled. Garnish with whipped cream and crusted pistachios.
Recipe adapted from Thegoldlininggirl.com