We were thinking of dishes to make for an upcoming brunch with friends and really wanted to bring something unexpected and delicious. While hearing the word “salad” typically evokes images of leafy greens, this one is a little different and a great choice for our get-together. Instead of lettuce, the heart of this recipe is actually made up of grapes and pecans, coated in a light and creamy, sweet “dressing” that will have you hooked after the first bite.
It might seem a little odd to have a sweeter salad dressed with cream cheese and sour cream, but take our word for it, this stuff is amazing! It’s got a little bit of tang to balance out the sweetness, plus the grapes (and smidge of added brown sugar), which add the perfect amount of juiciness. Add to that the crunchy pecans and you’ve got yourself a winning dish that no one will be able to resist!
Pecan Grape Salad
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 2 cups red grapes, halved
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Once smooth, fold in red and green grapes. Mix together, then fold in 1 cup pecans.
- In a separate bowl, toss together topping ingredients (pecans and brown sugar) until all nuts are coated.
- Sprinkle mixture on top of grape salad, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until chilled.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Deliciously Sprinkled