A quick and perfectly poppable cookie.
When I pulled this handwritten recipe out of the old recipe tin, I was intrigued. There was no title, just five simple ingredients, and a very short jumble of instructions. After looking over the ingredients: butter, flour, sugar, pecans, I figured that this recipe was for something similar to Mexican Wedding Cakes (which I’ve always loved) and so this card moved to the top of the stack of “must makes” for the Recipe Tin Project.
Serves 24; 20 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix together with a fork. Roll into small balls (about 1-inch across) and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 13-15 minutes. Let cool and shake in a ziploc big filled with powdered sugar to coat, if using. Enjoy!