If I’m getting Thai or Chinese takeout, you can bet I’m ordering at least one noodle dish. As much as I love Italian, saucy and spicy Asian-style noodles just hit different. Add in a rich and spicy sauce, and I am in heaven. All these delightfully savory takeout dishes eventually led me to trying my hand at making them at home and it turns out they really aren’t that difficult! This easy Peanut Curry Noodles recipe is one of my absolute favorites and once you taste it you’ll understand why!
The recipe is written using ramen noodles, but feel free to sub in the noodles of your choice. Rice noodles or buckwheat noodles would make tasty alternatives.. Cook the noodles according to the direction on the package and then rinse them with cold water so they don’t stick together. The simple sauce comes together on the stovetop in less than 15 minutes and then it’s time to stir in your noodles. Add in a little steamed broccoli, peppers, or other veggies and protein of your choice to round out the meal and dinner is ready to serve!
A dish this easy is the perfect choice for a quick weeknight dinner, but it’s delicious enough to be served to guests just the same. Mix it up with chicken or a range of veggies to make it feel like a new dish every time. There’s no going wrong with a simple meal that knocks it out of the park. Switch up your dinner routine and give these Peanut Curry Noodles a try!
Peanut Curry Noodles
25m prep time
1 cook time
- 3 (3.5oz) packages ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (13.5oz) can coconut milk
- ¾ cup vegetable or chicken broth
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- cooked vegetables of your choice: broccoli, peppers, bok choy, etc
- Cook ramen noodles according to directions on packaging (discard seasoning or save for a later use). Drain and rinse with cool water, then set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat then add red curry paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, peanut butter, and soy sauce. Stir to combine and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir sugar and lime juice in sauce and then add cooked noodles and vegetables of your choosing. Remove from heat.
- Garnish and serve right away.
Recipe adapted from Nyssaskitchen.com