Mojitos are a cool and crisp beverage made with sugar, lime juice, club soda, rum, and the all important muddled mint leaves. Mojitos are a refreshing cocktail, but the ingredient list gave us an idea for a dinner recipe: peach mojito chicken. Grilled chicken topped with a sauce of peaches, mint, and honey is much lighter compared to the usual grill routine of chicken glazed in barbecue sauce. We love the refreshing combination of sweet and savory going on here; it’s the perfect summertime meal.
Grilled fruit is one of our favorites; we love grilled peaches served with vanilla ice cream. The natural sweetness from the fruit gets caramelized on the grill and takes on beautiful grill marks. Our mojito chicken incorporates staple ingredients found in the cocktail but uses them in a more savory way. Grilled peaches with honey are sweet, but they get a nice contrast with a splash of lime juice, balancing out the flavor. And mint adds a brightness to the meal overall, as well as that fresh pop of green to match the bright citrusy lime juice.
Marinades are a great way to add flavor to an otherwise bland protein like chicken. Our peachy minty marinade really adds great flavor while also helping the chicken to stay tender and juicy. It is the right balance of sweet and savory that makes our peach mojito chicken look and taste amazingly delicious. Grilled peaches with honey and mint also sound like a pretty good topping to a scoop of cool vanilla bean ice cream too! Our peach mojito chicken is a great summertime recipe to share with family and friends.
Grilled Peach Mojito Chicken
40 minutes to prepare serves 4
- 2 peaches
- 1 pound thin sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 limes, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Using a mason jar, combine lime juice, olive oil, honey, chopped mint, salt, and pepper. Shake for 1-2 minutes to combine.
- Place chicken into a resealable plastic bag. Pour ½ of marinade into bag and marinate chicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut peaches into slices, with skin, and set aside.
- Set grill or skillet to medium heat and season with oil.
- Place chicken and peaches onto grill or in skillet. Cook chicken for 5 minutes per side, or until thoroughly cooked. Use same cooking time for peaches, flipping after 5 minutes to opposite side.
- Remove peaches and place into a bowl. Toss with remaining marinade.
- Place chicken on serving platter or plate. Top with grilled peaches and mint mixture.
Recipe adapted from Little Bits Of