We wanted to go for something different in this dish, so after much brainstorming we decided to try using peppercorns. Pink peppercorns.
Tagliatelle is a wider Italian pasta and a tasty one at that. We wanted to go for something different in this dish, so after much brainstorming we decided to try using peppercorns. Pink peppercorns. Black pepper is actually a vine, and peppercorns, the dried fruit of said vine; pink peppercorns technically derive from a different family, but are used as substitutes for pepper in cold climates and lend whatever dish they’re used in a distinct and special, spicy fruitiness.
This dish is made up of a simple, creamy sauce that lends itself well to the peppercorns, and the mildness of the mozzarella and refreshing green beans really round everything out. This recipe makes a very impressive meal, due to both its full flavor and stunning visual presentation. We love it and we know you will too!
Green Bean Peppercorn Tagliatelle
Serves 6 Prep 30m Cook 30m
- 1 pound tagliatelle
- 8 oz. mozzarella, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups green beans, ends removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain, Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/3-1/2 cup pink peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook tagliatelle according to packaging directions, or until al dente. Reserve boiling water and set 1/4 cup aside.
- Set up a bowl filled with ice cubes and blanch green beans for 1-2 minutes, or until bright green and tender crisp, in boiling water.
- Remove immediately and dunk in ice batch to prevent further cooking.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and sauté garlic for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add crushed tomatoes and tomato paste and stir in peppercorns. Season with salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in Greek yogurt, cream cheese and reserved 1/4 cup pasta water, then taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Transfer pasta to sauté pan and use tongs to gently toss it in sauce.
- Plate your pasta and add green beans and mozzarella. Optional: garnish dishes with remaining peppercorns.