Why have we never thought of this combination before?!
My husband’s favorite cookie is oatmeal raisin. I’m more of a chocolate chip girl myself, but marriage is all about finding compromises, right? I started looking for fun and creative recipes for oatmeal raisin cookies, but nothing came close to these Oatmeal Raisin Carrot Cake Cookies. I mean, who doesn’t love carrot cake?! Suddenly the oatmeal and raisins are elevated to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Plus, look how cute these little guys are! Sure, you could make bigger cookies, but then you wouldn’t be able to use the excuse, “I’ll take 5, they’re small.” And believe me, when you get the first taste of these moist, perfectly seasoned cookies, you’ll be coming back for more!
These cookies pack all of the flavors you love about oatmeal raisin cookies – cinnamon, nutmeg, and of course, raisins. Add in freshly shredded carrots and ginger, and you’re on the verge of something spectacular.
The thing that really pushes this recipe over the edge into “favorite cookie ever” territory is maple syrup. Yum. The maple flavor complements both the carrot & ginger of the carrot cake and the raisin and cinnamon of the oatmeal raisin. There’s also orange juice and a bit of orange zest thrown in as well, which offsets some of the sweetness in the best way possible.
Truly, these cookies are a masterpiece. Fluffy, moist, packed with goodies, and an incredible flavor, there’s nothing I don’t love about how these turned out! Go ahead and check out the easy recipe below to see how it’s done. These are sure to please any crowd – or just your family. Or just yourself. No judgment here.
Oatmeal Raisin Carrot Cake Cookies
Makes 18 cookies
15m prep time
45m cook time
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3/4 cup fresh carrots, grated
- Preheat oven to 350° and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Stir in rolled oats, raisins, and walnuts.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, orange zest, maple syrup, orange juice, melted butter, and fresh ginger until well blended. Fold in grated carrots.
- Pour the flour mixture into the carrot mixture and stir until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Let the dough chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is chilled, roll the dough into little balls, approximately 1½ inches in diameter. Set dough balls on prepared pans and flatten out slightly.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or till they become light golden in color.
Recipe adapted from Mayuris Jikoni.