These are still just addictive as the classic cookies!
Mmm, desserts are one of life’s simple pleasures and always have a way of cheering us up especially if they’re ridiculously easy to make. Normally, making a dessert entails getting the mixer out, preheating the oven and then restlessly waiting for what seems like an eternity while there’s magic happening in the oven. With these no-bake cookies you don’t have to worry about any of that!
We love the chocolate version of these cookies, but decided to take a slightly different approach this time around and went with butterscotch chips and butterscotch pudding mix for more flavor. These butterscotch chocolate cookies are truly delicious and if you can manage waiting 15 minutes while they cool (we won’t say anything if you pop them in the freezer!), you’ll be happy campers in no time! Speaking of campers, this is also a great recipe to get the little ones involved in! Perfect for everyone, don’t wait to make these no-bake treats!
No-Bake Butterscotch Cookies
Serves 14-18; 20 minutes
- 3 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butterscotch or toffee chips
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (5.1 oz.) package instant butterscotch pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sea salt, to taste
- Line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, butter, evaporated milk and vanilla extract, and, stirring continuously, bring to low boil.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in oats and dry pudding mix, then stir in desired amount of sea salt.
- Stir until totally incorporated, then set aside for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled slightly, fold in chocolate and toffee chips, then use a large spoon to drop scoopfuls onto lined baking sheet(s).
- Refrigerate or freeze until cookies are set, and store in an air-tight container. Enjoy!