Have you heard of dump-and-bake pasta? It may not be the cutest name, but it is a wonderfully easy way to get dinner on the table. (And delicious too.) You basically just dump all your ingredients in a baking dish (dry pasta and all) and then bake, and voila, you have a complete dinner to pull out of the oven. It’s kinda genius! And this one is so easy to love. Full of classic alfredo flavor, it features a creamy sauce, al dente rigatoni or ziti, and meaty chunks of chicken that you don’t even have to pre-cook. It doesn’t get easier than that!
To make this, you’re going to stir your pasta into two jars of alfredo sauce that you’ve thinned out with some chicken broth. It might seem liquidy, but it needs to be a bit thinner since the pasta is actually cooking in the sauce in the oven. You’ll bump up the flavor a bit with some garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and lemon juice.
There’s chicken too, of course! After all, this is chicken alfredo. You don’t have to cook it, just cube it up and stir it in with the pasta and sauce, and then cover and bake for about forty minutes. You want the pasta to be pretty much al dente at this point, and then you can uncover it, top it with cheese, then return it to the oven. Some of the liquid will cook out in those last ten minutes and the cheese will get nice and melty.
It’s not going to be quite as thick and creamy as a restaurant-worthy alfredo, but you still get that creamy, garlicky, parmesan-kissed flavor that you know and love and it all comes together in a single baking dish. Such an easy dinner and such a delicious one!
No-Boil Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
5m prep time
40m cook time
- 12 oz uncooked rigatoni or ziti pasta
- 2 (15 oz each) jars Alfredo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To a 9x13-inch baking dish, add the pasta, alfredo sauce, chicken broth, lemon juice, and garlic. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken, season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt and pepper and stir again until well incorporated.
- Cover dish tightly with foil, then bake 40 minutes. Uncover dish, top with mozzarella, and return to oven for 10 minutes until cheese has melted. Serve with fresh parmesan, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Fed and Fit.