Pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake are just about as iconic as you can get in terms of delicious autumnal desserts, but this sweet treat takes the cake, as it doesn’t require baking, meaning it won’t take up precious oven space as it cooks. We don’t know about you, but when it comes to game days or holidays when we have lots of people over, it doesn’t get any better than having an amazing dessert on hand that’s easy to make (seriously, anyone can do this!) and also allows us to fill our oven up to the brim with other yummy dishes.
The dish in question? No-bake pumpkin cheesecake. That’s right, with all the same flavors as the baked version, this one uses frozen whipped topping to add a light airiness to the pie, making it almost mousse-like, and making it so that we can shovel in three slices and not feel too stuffed…we’ll chalk that up as a major win! This cheesecake is perfectly sweet, with just the right amount of tang from the cream cheese, so next time you’re thinking about making the classic pie or cheesecake make this one instead – you won’t be disappointed!
Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake
15 minutes active; 2 hours inactive to prepare serves 8-10
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 8-inch graham cracker crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice, optional
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat together cream cheese and sugar, then mix in pumpkin purée.
- Mix in vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice, if using.
- Gently fold in 2 1/2 cups frozen (thawed) whipped topping until incorporated.
- Pour mixture into graham cracker crust and spread into an even layer, then refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or until set.
- Serve, garnished with remaining frozen whipped topping, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Cupcakes and Tiaras