Baking in the summertime is an opportunity for us to explore new treats that don’t require too much baking time. First of all, we don’t want to be stuck inside on a beautiful day but is especially helpful for when we want to avoid warming up the kitchen with a hot oven. Our cool and citrusy mojito tart is just the recipe we’re looking for, with only a few minutes of bake time required and the end result is one cool and tasty treat. Have we piqued your interest yet?
There’s really nothing too complicated about this dish. If you don’t have a tart pan, then use a regular pie plate; we just love the look of the rippled edges, making the tart look just a little extra elegant. The secret ingredient here is the frozen limeade concentrate – it brings an intensely limey flavor that is “cooled” by milk and cream cheese. All of this is poured into a quick shortbread crust, which brings the perfect amount of sweet and crunchy cookie crumble.
Our mojito tart is family friendly and is just the cool treat to serve on a warm summer day. And the sugary garnish of muddled mint is the perfect way to top off this yummy treat. For a little extra flare, thinly slice slivers of lime for added garnish. This is a dessert that looks super elegant but is actually super easy to make. When we want something refreshing and sweet-but-not-too-sweet, this mojito tart is just what we’re looking for. For another layer of flavor, add a topping of whipped cream, either made fresh or store-bought, for extra creaminess. A mojito tart is a great contribution to share at a potluck, or at a book club; it’s super easy to make and each bite is absolutely delicious.
- For the crust:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the filling:
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3.5 oz) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- ½ cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 ½ teaspoons rum extract
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter, flour, sugar, and vanilla extract until just combined. Press evenly into 4x14-inch tart pan or 9-inch round tart dish and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool completely before filling.
- For filling:
- Beat cream cheese, milk, vanilla pudding, limeade, and rum extract on low speed until creamy.
- Increase speed to medium and beat until mixture is slightly whipped and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Pour filling into pie crust and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Muddle chopped mint leaves with sugar and sprinkle over top of pie.
Recipe adapted from Tablespoon