When thinking about great duos throughout history, I think of Thelma and Louise, Bert and Ernie, peanut butter and jelly, macaroni and cheese, and finally… Caramel and chocolate! (Yes, in my mind Thelma and Louise are comparable to peanut butter and jelly. Don’t ask). This list isn’t comprehensive, of course, but I think I pretty much hit on the big ones.
If you love caramel and chocolate as much as I do, then you’ve probably tried almost every dessert that contains both of these sacred ingredients. But what about baking Milky Ways right into blondies? What? Yes.
This over-the-top (in the best way possible) dessert contains your classic blondie recipe with the brown sugar, vanilla, and butter flavors that you love, as well as chopped up Milky Way bars. To enhance the Milky Way flavor, we tossed in a few handfuls of caramel bits and chocolate chips as well.
The recipe itself is pretty straight-forward. Combine wet ingredients and then pour in your dry ingredients, string until a soft batter forms. The fun part comes when you get to mix in all of those delectable Milky Way pieces, chocolate chips, and caramel bits.
If caramel and chocolate isn’t your thing (gasp!) then you might be happy to know that this basic blondie recipe works just as well with any mix-ins you have on hand. M&Ms, chopped up Reese’s, white & dark chocolate chips… the sky is the limit!
These Milky Way Blondies won’t disappoint! Bring them to your next party or get-together, or serve them up for a special treat for the family. Or, you know, just make them because it’s Tuesday and they look delicious. That’s usually why I bake things. Go ahead and get the recipe below!
Milky Way Blondies
Makes 12 blondies
15m prep time
25m cook time
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Caramel Bits (or caramel squares that have been cut in quarters)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 15 Fun Size Milky Way Candy Bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13” pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat brown sugar and butter in a large bowl with a hand-mixer. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Add baking powder, salt, and flour and mix.
- Stir in caramel bits, chocolate chips, and chopped Milky Way bars.
- Press into prepared pan (spray hands with cooking spray before pressing batter into the pan - it’s sticky!)
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. (Be careful not to overcook - the center will still be soft when you take these out of the oven and they will finish cooking.)
- Cool completely before slicing into squares.
Recipe adapted from Crazy for Crust.