A complete and comforting dinner – all made on one sheet pan.
It’s hard to pick the quintessential comfort food dinner, but meatloaf and potatoes just might be it. And here, it comes together on a single sheet pan (with a side of veggies to boot) so it’s super simple for you. Better yet, it’s four individual mini loaves, which means a shorter baking time than traditional meatloaf and you don’t have to share yours with anyone else!
I am partial to meatloaf with a sweet and savory ketchup glaze and that’s just what we have going on here. The mixture has grated onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, a bit of Colby Jack cheese, and some horseradish, so you can be sure these mini loaves are super flavorful. Even if you’re not a horseradish fan, give it a try in this mixture – it really takes it to the next level.
You simply form four mini loaves from the mixture, line them up on a pan, and arrange some baby potatoes next to them.
It’s essential for the potatoes and meatloaf to get a headstart in the oven before the green beans join them so that everything is perfectly done at the same time. Once you add the green beans, it all bakes for just ten or fifteen more minutes.
And then you’ve got a delicious and filling complete meal that all came off of one sheet pan. It’s so simple and so yummy!
Mini Meatloaf Sheet Pan Dinner
A complete and comforting dinner - all made on one sheet pan.
Serves 4; 10 minutes to prepare, 30 minutes cook time
For the potatoes:
- 1 lb baby potatoes, halved or quartered, if large
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the meatloaves:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 oz Colby-Jack cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
For the green beans:
- 12 oz green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F and grease a rimmed half sheet pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, 2 1/2 tablespoons ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, and egg. Season with salt and pepper and mix well with your hands. Add cheese and parsley and mix again.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into freeform loaves, about 4x2-inches in size. Arrange in center of baking sheet and brush tops with remaining ketchup.
- Place potatoes on one end of the pan, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss green beans with oil, salt and pepper. Arrange green beans on empty end of baking sheet and return pan to oven. Bake until meatloaves read 165°F on a thermometer, 10-15 minutes more.
Recipe adapted from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen.