The recipe we have for you today really couldn’t be much easier. This Lemon Refrigerator Cake is just what it sounds like… a cake you don’t have to bake! It utilizes a premade angel food cake from the grocery store and turns it into a beautiful layered dessert. With lemon curd, lemon pudding, and tangy yogurt, this dish is packed with creamy lemon flavor. Let’s get into how it’s made!
Also referred to as Lemon Angel Trifle, this dessert is all about the layers. Begin by cutting an angel food cake into cubes (or two cakes if you opt for smaller loaf cakes) and arrange the cubes in a 9×13-inch dish. Next, generously drizzle lemon curd over the cake cubes, followed by a yogurt-pudding mixture that really pumps up the richness. Then, the entire dish is topped with a layer of whipped topping, sealing it all together. The cake is popped in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to soak up all that flavor! It’s simply divine.
You can’t go wrong with this zesty creation for any occasion. The fact that it can be made ahead of time means you have one less thing to worry about when entertaining. The longer it sits the better it is! Give this recipe a try for your next get together and all are sure to fall in love with it.
Lemon Refrigerator Cake
10m prep time
- 1 large angel food cake (baked)
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 12 oz vanilla or lemon yogurt
- 11 oz jar lemon curd
- 1 (12 oz) tub cool whip, thawed
- Cut angel food cake into small cubes and spread them into an even layer in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and cold milk, then fold in greek yogurt until smooth.
- Drizzle lemon curd on top of cake cubes.
- Pour pudding mixture over lemon curd and spread gently into an even layer.
- se a spatula to spread whipped topping over pudding layer.
- Cover tightly and place in refrigerator and let set for a minimum of 3 hours before serving.
Recipe adapted from 12tomatoes.com