A Jalapeño Popper might be the ideal party app. After all, it has everything contained in one little package – it’s creamy, it’s crunchy, it has a little kick… They’re just so easy to love. This easy app brings you all that too, but in dippable form, which means you still get creaminess, crunch, and a kick, but you don’t have to go to the trouble of stuffing tons of individual peppers.
Basically, this takes a delicious dish and makes it much more convenient without sacrificing any of the flavor. The creamy base is made up of cream cheese and sour cream, which is accented with plenty of mozzarella and parmesan. There’s just one can of diced jalapeños involved, but if you like things really spicy, you can always add some more.
That quick mixture heads into a baking dish and you top it with some panko breadcrumbs that have been tossed in melted butter, just to make sure that they get irresistibly golden brown.
Spoiler alert: they do. They crisp up wonderfully on top of all that spicy creaminess and bring you the very same crunch you get from the fried breading on a more traditional popper. It’s just as delicious – it just happens to be a whole lot easier on the cook!
Jalapeño Popper Dip
10m prep time
20m cook time
- 1 (4 oz) can diced jalapeños, well drained
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, and garlic powder until fluffy.
- Add mozzarella and half of the parmesan cheese and mix until combined.
- Season to taste and spread in an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Stir together the breadcrumbs, melted butter, and remaining Parmesan. Sprinkle evenly over dip and bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Spend With Pennies.