Another great meal from this time-saving kitchen device.
We’re still busy exploring all of the delicious ways to use our Instant Pot, and there remains no shortage of ways to work magic with this amazing kitchen tool. Our sour cream pork chops are yet another way to enjoy our Instant Pot. This dinner is simple and flavorful and the Instant Pot does all of the work, almost instantly! A dry pork chop is our biggest concern any time we prepare pork chops, and so, to keep the meat tender and juicy, we’ve created a savory sauce that is an absolute delight, and absolutely essential when using this method to cook pork.
Building layers of flavor is the best way to truly make a meal taste as though it was slow-cooked, especially when we’re making a meal this quickly. So, we start with butter and onions, we keep the chunks of onion big for added texture and add rich and flavorful beef stock. Then we add the pork chops, season them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. To ensure that the pork isn’t overcooked, the meat comes out of the Instant Pot so that we can start to make the sauce – a savory sauce made silky by the addition of sour cream. Once thickened, the pork is added back into the Instant Pot for just a few moments before the meal is ready to be served.
We like to serve the pork and sauce over mashed potatoes with a generous helping of the savory sauce – it’s so good, it’s tempting to just slurp the sauce on its own! But we maintain our control and reserve it for the pork chops. In under 30 minutes, we’re ready to sit down and eat.
When making the decision to purchase a device like this, we want to make sure that it is something we will actually use, not just grow dusty taking up space in a corner. The Instant Pot is truly a one-pot-wonder, and we can’t get enough of all of the different meals we can make in this oh-so-handy kitchen device. Our sour cream pork chop recipe is another delicious way to put good food on the table that is fast and good. And we get to enjoy the ease of clean up as well as an amazingly savory meal!
Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- mashed potatoes, for serving
- Add butter to instant pot to sauté and cook onions for 6-8 minutes, or until softened.
- Push onions to the edges of instant pot, then add pork chops (working in batches, if necessary), and brown pork chops on both sides. Add garlic powder, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Stir in beef stock and Worcestershire sauce to deglaze pot, then cover instant pot, seal pressure valve, and set to pressure cook on high for 8 minutes.
- Let naturally release for 5 minutes, then manually release pressure valve.
- Optional: open lid and set pork chops aside.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water in a small bowl and stir slurry into instant pot.
- Sauté for 5-8 minutes, or until thickened, then stir in sour cream.
- Return pork chops to pan and coat in sauce.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Wholesome Recipe Box.