This is one of those amazing recipes that you can throw into a baking dish, pop in the oven, and have a delicious meal in just over 30 minutes. Plus, I think the whole family will be on board for a cheeseburger dinner of any kind, right? It’s so nice to have a few of these quick and easy meals on hand for those busy weeknights when there never seems to be enough time! Another great thing about this Impossible Cheeseburger Pie is that it’s a complete meal in and of itself. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
With only five easy steps, you’ll have this dinner in the oven and then on the table in no time. What makes this cheeseburger pie impossible, you ask? The crust, of course! With a little help from Bisquick, all you have to do is mix and pour. The crust forms right on top as the pie bakes in the oven.
Start things off by throwing ground beef, chopped onion, and mustard powder in a skillet. Cook until the onions are translucent and the beef is browned. It’s ok if the meat still has a little bit of red to it, as it will continue to cook while in the oven.
Once the meat and onion mixture is done cooking, pour it in a prepared baking dish and sprinkle with cheese. We chose a cheddar and pepper jack cheese combination, but you can go with whatever your favorite cheese is. Feel free to experiment with different combinations like bacon and swiss. The crust mixture is a delicious and rich combination of milk, half and half, Bisquick, and eggs. Sprinkle in a few tablespoons of onion soup mix, and there you have it! Pour over the meat and cheese, and bake for 25 minutes.
Go ahead and whip up this easy weeknight meal today and watch it disappear before your eyes. The whole family is going to go crazy for this meal, and you will too!
Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
Serves 6-8; 15 minutes active, 25 minutes inactive
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400°.
- Cook beef and onion in a large skillet with the mustard powder until the meat is browned and the onion is translucent. Drain out the grease and pour the mixture into a 9-inch greased pie pan, spreading it out until it’s an even layer.
- Sprinkle cheeses over the meat and onion mixture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, half and half, onion soup mix, Bisquick, salt and pepper, mustard powder, and eggs. Pour this mixture on top of the cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes and cool before serving.
Recipe adapted from Simply Stacy.