Sweet and savory are the stars of this Thanksgiving side dish.
As important as the turkey is to a Thanksgiving dinner table, the sides are really the stars of the show. This recipe for a hot pineapple casserole was submitted to our Thanksgiving Recipe Contest and it really captures the sweet-and-savory that defines the thanksgiving meal. Simple, classic ingredients all baked together into one amazing dish. It has great flavor, texture, and crunch.
Hot Pineapple Casserole by Nancy L. Tindall
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple TIDBITS, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 TBL flour
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers broken, not crushed
- 1 stick melted margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x13-inch dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the pineapple, sugar, flour, and shredded cheddar cheese together until combined. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Drizzle melted margarine over the top. Scatter broken crackers evenly over the pineapple mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until the casserole starts to brown and bubble.