Have fifteen minutes? Make these. (You’ll never forget that spread!)
Are you thinking, “Oh big deal, they wrapped ham and cheddar in a crescent roll and called it a recipe”? But not so fast, my friends. There’s a little more going on here and it makes these taste ahhhh-mazing. (Spoiler alert – it’s a special spread. There’s also some melted butter involved.) I promise you you want to make these – whether it’s for game day, an afternoon snack, or a somewhat indulgent lunch, it’s fifteen minutes of your time that’s incredibly well spent.
These are almost as basic as rolling up some ham and cheddar in crescent dough, it’s true. But the tasty spread we pair them with and the finishing flourish of melted butter take them totally over the top. But don’t you fret – that spread is super easy to make. It’s just a mixture of cream cheese, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, brown sugar, garlic powder, and onion powder. It’s creamy with a bit of a tang, but has that salty-sweet balance that I find myself craving all the time. (And I know I can’t be the only one.)
These take all of five minutes of work from you and yet they’re the perfect little snack or starter to add a little pep to your step. With the unbeatable combo of savory ham and sharp cheddar, a salty-sweet yet creamy sauce and doughy crescents to wrap it all up, they’re pretty hard to beat when it comes to food that’s a quick fix.
Ham and Cheese Crescents
5m prep time
15m cook time
- 1 tube crescent roll dough
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 16 thin slices ham
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll crescent dough into pieces, flattening and scratching each triangle out a bit.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, brown sugar, garlic powder, and onion powder until smooth.
- On each triangle of dough, spread out some of the cream cheese mixture, but not all the way to the edges.
- Line each triangle with two slices of ham and a slice of cheese.
- Starting from the widest part, roll the crescent dough up and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with parsley. Bake until golden brown, 10-15 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Recipes Simple.