These brownies are so easy, you’ll get your choco-holic fix in no time!
Chewy and chocolatey…yes please! If you’re as much of a chocolate lover as we are, you will flip for these brownies. When we’ve got a little extra time, we skip the box mix and bake brownies from scratch. A little extra effort goes a long way, and this easy recipe has become a favorite in our chocolate-obsessed house.
We like to add a secret ingredient to our brownies: instant espresso powder. We’ve found that it brings out the chocolate flavor even more, but feel free to skip this step as it isn’t a necessary ingredient. And while these rich squares of gooey goodness are super delicious on their own, we like to top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or with strawberries and whipped cream, and maybe a drizzle of chocolate sauce too…a little extra chocolate is always a good thing! Give this brownie recipe a try – it’s a sure-fire cure for any serious chocolate cravings. Enjoy!
Gooey Fudge Brownies
Serves 12-18 brownies; 1 hour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9 x13-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, and instant espresso powder in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Using a mixer, cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. 3-4 minutes. Add in eggs and mix until fully combined.
- With the mixer set to low, slowly add dry ingredients until batter comes together.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove brownies from oven and let cool at least 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Inspired Taste