Most people have a pretty strong opinion when it comes to pineapple and ham making an appearance together. You either love it or you don’t. I happen to fall into the pro-pineapple and ham or Canadian bacon camp. Sweet and tangy meets salty and savory. There’s nothing I don’t love about that combination!
If you happen to enjoy your pineapple with a side of ham, then this is the dip for you. Even if you’re on the fence about the (in)famous duo, I’d encourage you to give this recipe a try! I think it just might push you over the edge into true taste enlightenment.
As you can see, there are quite a few layers, textures, and flavors to this dish. We start of with a creamy base of cream cheese, sour cream, and pineapple juice. The tangy sour cream enhances the tart pineapple flavor, both of which are balanced out with rich cream cheese.
Next, layer on shredded cheese, crushed pineapple, chopped ham, bacon pieces, and green onions. The end result is pleasing to the eye and undeniably delicious. I love how the creamy texture mixes with the crunch of bacon all on a crisp cracker.
Perhaps my favorite part about this recipe is how incredibly easy it is to throw together. After layering everything into the pie pan, simply let chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. That’s it! Serve with crackers, pretzels, pita bread, or whatever else you think would taste good!
The next time you’re invited to a potluck or grill-out, take this recipe for a spin! The haters might hate, but those in the know will be craving more of this delicious dip!
Easy Hawaiian Dip
Makes 12-14 servings Prep 10m Inactive 30m
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve 1/4 cup of juice, set aside)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ham, chopped
- 1 2.8 oz package bacon pieces
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Crackers for dipping
- Blend together cream cheese, sour cream, and pineapple juice in a large bowl. Spread mixture into a pie pan.
- Top cream cheese mixture with the shredded cheese, crushed pineapple, chopped ham, bacon pieces, and green onion.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serving suggestion: Ritz crackers, chips, veggies
Recipe adapted from The Salty Marshmallow.