We’re huge fans of any occasion or celebration that requires chips and dip – not a shocking revelation, surely – and we’re most recently hooked on this cucumber cream cheese crack dip that we whipped up a couple weeks ago. Packed with plenty of fresh cucumber and green onion, making it zippy and light, this flavorful cream cheese spread is just as good spread on chips and crackers as it spread on a bagel, which means if, by some shocking twist, you have some leftover, you can make a great breakfast the next day and start your day off right!
Cucumber and cream cheese are obviously the heavy hitters here, but the additional garlic powder, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce are what transforms this dip and really kick things up a notch. You can add whatever other seasonings you like – everything bagel seasoning would be yummy – but really all you need is what we’ve got right here for you. Toasted baguette, wheat thins, triscuits, bagel chips, everything goes great with this tasty spread!
Cucumber Cream Cheese Dip
Serves 6; 15 minutes
- 1 small cucumber, halved
- 4 green onions
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- chips, bagel chips or wheat thins, for serving
- In the bowl of a food processor or large bowl, combine cucumber and green onions and pulse until grated and roughly chopped.
- Add cream cheese and pulse to combine, then season with garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce and salt.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then transfer to fridge for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Remove and let rest for 15 minutes, then serve with chips.
Recipe adapted from The Country Cook