Warm and savory Yorkshire pudding is the true star of a traditional Sunday dinner, at least in our opinion, especially now that we’ve found this incredibly easy recipe. These popovers are baked in muffin tins, and they only call for five ingredients. We already had everything we needed in the refrigerator and pantry. Best of all, there are no special tricks or advanced techniques involved in the process! Yorkshire pudding is really quite simple, but looks super elegant. This recipe earns a regular spot on our menu, regardless of the meat and veggies we’re serving.
Serves 8; 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- to taste salt and pepper
- 3 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Distribute oil evenly in eight cups of a standard muffin tin.
- Beat eggs with milk, and season with salt and pepper.
- Sift in flour, stirring until batter is smooth and not lumpy. Transfer to a bowl or pitcher with pour spout.
- Place greased muffin pan in preheated oven until oil sizzles, about two minutes.
- Pour batter into hot muffin cups, working quickly and carefully. Return pan to oven, and bake 20-25 minutes until puddings are puffed and golden.