We love to serve dishes that not only look good, but taste amazing. And a meal like this is a winner because it’s quick and easy to put together. Our delicious and savory stuffed herb chicken definitely fits the bill. They’re perfect for a weeknight family meal, for a small dinner party, or it’s easy to half the recipe for a lovely and romantic dinner for two. Regardless of the occasion, this is a meal that is too good to pass up.
What makes these extra indulgent is that they’re stuffed with Provolone cheese and salty pancetta. We keep everything secure with a toothpick, and the final touch is a generous sprinkle of herbs. These fillings take plain ol’ chicken breast to a new level. Herby, salty and cheesy are a great combination, and help to jazz up the usual chicken routine. When the family tasted it, everyone agreed that it’s a keeper! Best of all, it’s on the table and ready to enjoy without too much fuss or muss!
Stuffed Herb Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts (about 4 to 5 pieces)
- 1/4 pound pancetta, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound Provolone
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, oregano, marjoram and basil together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Fillet chicken breasts.
- Evenly distribute pancetta, cheese among chicken breasts. Brush with oil, and secure with toothpicks.
- Season chicken with herb blend. Transfer to baking dish and cook 30 to 35 minutes until chicken juices run clear (internal temperature of 165°F).
Recipe adapted from Epicurioius