This Asian-inspired dish has a surprisingly simple ingredient list!
Sometimes, we find it hard to make a quick meal that includes all the veggies we need to keep healthy and give us energy. That’s one reason we love this recipe, spicy peanut noodles. It takes less than 20 minutes to prepare and offers tons of flavors from the spices and vegetables. Plus, making this dish with spaghetti noodles lets us use items we already have in the pantry. Depending on our mood, we adjust the amount of Sriracha to control the spiciness, so you can go as wild as you want with it, or skip it completely – it’s up to you!
Spicy Peanut Noodles
Serves 2 - 4
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 3/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted and lightly salted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 head of cabbage, sliced into thin strips
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook spaghetti according to package instructions, or until just al dente.
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, water, soy sauce, honey and Sriracha until smooth. Then, add lime juice, ginger, garlic and sesame oil, and stir until combined.
- Place pasta in a large skillet over medium-high heat and pour in the peanut butter sauce mixture. Mix together to coat noodles.
- Add red peppers, green onions, cilantro, cabbage and peanuts, and cook for 6-7 minutes, or until vegetables have softened.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy