As far as we’re concerned, the holidays don’t officially start until we prop our feet (covered in fuzzy socks) up on the ottoman with a fire going, holiday music playing, and most importantly a mug of eggnog simmering by our side. Because this is such an important part of the festivities, we’ve come up with a recipe that combines egg-noggy goodness with holiday cheer.
Think full cream and sweet cinnamon giving us the most delightful of milk mustaches that has a heat to warm our body regardless of what’s going on with the weather outside. Our slow cooker eggnog goes great with friends and family at a holiday party, or just for a simple night at home wrapping presents or watching our favorite holiday movies.
Slow Cooker Eggnog
90-120 minutes to prepare 6-8 servings
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup rum (optional)
- to taste ground cinnamon or nutmeg, optional: cinnamon stick for garnish
- In large bowl, beat egg yolks, vanilla extract, and sugar together until mixture is smooth and no longer grainy.
- Stir in milk, whipping cream, and rum (if using), then pour mixture into slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 2 hours, whisking every 20 to 30 minutes to prevent boiling. Once eggnog coats the back of a spoon, it's done.
- Serve eggnog warm in mugs garnished with cinnamon stick and sprinkled with ground cinnamon.
Recipe adapted from Crock Pot