We can’t think of a better way to toast the season than with this warm and creamy drink.
As far as we’re concerned, the holidays don’t officially start until we prop our feet (covered in fuzzy socks) up on the ottoman with a fire going, holiday music playing, and most importantly a mug of eggnog simmering by our side. Because this is such an important part of the festivities, we’ve come up with a recipe that combines egg-noggy goodness with holiday cheer.
Think full cream and sweet cinnamon giving us the most delightful of milk mustaches that has a heat to warm our body regardless of what’s going on with the weather outside. Our slow cooker eggnog goes great with friends and family at a holiday party, or just for a simple night at home wrapping presents or watching our favorite holiday movies.
Slow Cooker Eggnog
Serves 6-8 servings 90-120 minutes
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup rum (optional)
- to taste ground cinnamon or nutmeg, optional: cinnamon stick for garnish
- In large bowl, beat egg yolks, vanilla extract, and sugar together until mixture is smooth and no longer grainy.
- Stir in milk, whipping cream, and rum (if using), then pour mixture into slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 2 hours, whisking every 20 to 30 minutes to prevent boiling. Once eggnog coats the back of a spoon, it's done.
- Serve eggnog warm in mugs garnished with cinnamon stick and sprinkled with ground cinnamon.
Recipe adapted from Crock Pot