This dessert is my favorite thing to come home to!
Warm their tummies and satisfy your own sweet tooth with a slow cooker apple cinnamon crisp featuring the goodness of walnuts, apples, oatmeal, and sugar. To make this delectable dish and leave them begging for seconds, toss in a few ingredients, turn on your slow cooker and return a few hours later, just in time to serve this rich classic dessert. It’s the perfect complement to a tall, frosty glass of milk or piping hot cup of coffee. Top it all with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, and then stand by and accept the accolades.
Slow Cooker Apple Crisp
Serves 10; 20 minutes prep; 3 hours inactive
- 6 cups tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Mix the peeled, thinly sliced apples in a bowl with the cinnamon, thoroughly coating each piece.
- Spray a 3-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and place the apples in the bottom.
- Combine the brown sugar, flour and oats in a bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces and add it to the brown sugar mixture, using a fork to combine the ingredients until crumbles form. Add walnuts, if using.
- Sprinkle walnut and sugar mixture over the apples, and cover with slow cooker lid.
- Turn slow cooker on low and cook for 3 hours, or until the apples are tender.
- Spoon crisp into individual serving dishes and top with a generous scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.