The natural roasted sweetness pairs so well with all the garlic and herbs.
There are so many uses for roasted tomatoes. We like to use them as pizza toppings, salad ingredients or even as an alternative to pasta sauce. We can come up with more than one way to eat these roasted tomatoes for every meal of the day because they’re just that good.
Roasted tomatoes have a natural sweetness, and the herb and garlic vinaigrette that marinates them for an earthy contrast. There’s a lot of garlic in this recipe, so it’s bursting with flavor. We like to spread it on crusty bread like a bruschetta or layer it on top of baked chicken breasts for a flavorful weekday dinner. The sky’s the limit when it comes to our oven-roasted herbed tomatoes, so make up a big batch and store any leftovers for omelets the next day.
Oven Roasted Herbed Tomatoes
Serves 8 45 minutes
- 4 cups Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 5 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Coat tomato slices with garlic and herb mixture and place in single layer on baking sheet. Evenly distribute any extra topping.
- Roast 30-35 minutes or until most of liquid has evaporated and garlic is browned.
Recipe adapted from The Café Succre Farine