Our coconut cake is light, fluffy, and perfect for any occasion!
When we want a dessert that is a little different, then we turn to this light, fluffy cake, made with coconut and cottage cheese. It’s deliciously moist and not overly sweet, making it the perfect way to end to a family dinner, add to our book club meeting, or even whip up for brunch.
For extra richness, we add a coconut flavored whipped cream drizzled over the top of each slice, and if we want to take the drama up a notch, we’ll add a cookie for some added flair. Any leftovers we nibble on all week long – a slice for breakfast with a cup of coffee or with a tall glass of cool milk as a late night snack. Even for this die-hard chocolate lover, a cake this delicious is too good to pass up.
Coconut Cottage Cheese Cake
Serves 8 servings
- 16 ounces cottage cheese, small curd
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup grated coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease round cake pan.
- In bowl, beat sugar and eggs until creamy. Add cottage cheese and vanilla extract, beat until thoroughly mixed. Mix in grated coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until browned and slightly jiggly. Cool cake completely to room temperature before chilling for at least two hours.
- To make the topping, beat heavy cream, powdered sugar, and coconut extract until mixture is thickens, but not into stiff peaks. Dollop over each slice to serve.
Recipe adapted from Cupcakes and Kale Chips