It’s budget-friendly and quick to throw together, but also hearty and full of flavor.
Weeknight dinners can be rough. Between work schedules, homework sessions and soccer practice, it’s hard to find the time to make a big dinner. That’s why we love this recipe for cheesy sausage and potatoes. It’s budget-friendly and quick to throw together, but also hearty and full of flavor. It doesn’t get much better than that!
Meat and potatoes get a facelift without getting complicated in this yummy dish because we use tender new potatoes and smokey diced kielbasa. We finish it off with herbs and a generous amount of cheddar cheese to tie everything together. Best of all, this meal only uses one pan, and there’s nothing we like better than easy cleanup!
Cheesy Sausage And Potatoes
Serves 4 30 minutes
- 1 pound new potatoes, quartered
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces kielbasa, diced
- 1-1/2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded and divided; 1/2 cup for filling, 1 cup for topping
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Toss potatoes, onions, and garlic with olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and optional red pepper flakes. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and kielbasa.
- Pour potato mixture into baking dish. Bake 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with reserved cheddar and bake 5 additional minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe adapted from Divas Can Cook