I can’t think of a better way to eat cheese and potatoes than these incredible dumplings!
There’s something so incredibly comforting about the creamy flavor of cheese and potatoes. We especially love this combination when it’s rolled into bite-sized servings, coated with breadcrumbs, and crisped to perfection. When we came across a recipe for oven-baked cottage cheese potato balls, we couldn’t wait to dive right in.
The dumplings are hearty from the potato and creamy from all the cheese. We add texture by rolling them into a Panko-Parmesan cheese blend. They came out of the oven with a beautiful golden color, and the taste…amazing! They’re the perfect combination of crispy, cheesy, and creamy all rolled together in an irresistible nibble of delicious perfection!
Cheese And Potato Dumplings
Serves about 30 dumplings; 35 minutes
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (fresh, leftover or instant)
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine potatoes, cottage cheese and mozzarella in a large bowl. Season with garlic powder and stir until all ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Mix in sour cream until incorporated.
- Mix panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in separate dish.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of potato and cheese mixture, roll into a ball, then gently roll in breadcrumb-Parmesan mixture.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden.
Recipe adapted from Cook Italian